American Precision Industries
American Precision Industries in Hillsboro Oregon is currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Cost Estimator.
An ideal candidate would be someone with 5-10 years of experience estimating complex machine parts, with a firm understanding of modern manufacturing process – as related to a machine shop environment.
A proficiency in Solidworks, with experience in CAD, and a moderate to advanced comprehension of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) is strongly recommended, but API is willing to provide training to the right person.
The core essential day to day duties and responsibilities of the position are as referenced below.
- Review information in incoming quote packages for bid – drawings, specifications and work instructions to decide a course of action related to the bid.
- Assign the necessary manufacturing processes, as required by the information found in supplied drawings, and enter that information into an MRP system for cost evaluation.
- Communicate parameters and critical aspects of a project with technicians, programmers and staff on the shop floor to determine a proper course of action for new and existing projects for bid. Self-motivation and the ability to work well with others is vital to the position.
- Communicate with customers and vendors to compile information needed for a concise and accurate bid.
- Generate supplemental shop drawings to define or augment necessary information that may not be found in customer supplied drawings.
- Generate Engineering Change Notifications to existing jobs where applicable.
- Communicate and follow up with customers regarding feedback and status of current bids.
All applicants should have the ability to follow instructions, and be meticulous with their work methods and processes, but also be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
Though an ideal candidate will have a wealth of experience with all of the afore mentioned – all who possess a machining background, with a strong desire to expand on their career as it relates to cost estimation in advanced manufacturing are encouraged to apply.
Performance is measured on ratio of projects quoted to bids awarded – coupled with accuracy of estimates, general job performance and the ability to work well with others.
Day Shift: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
$55 – $63K per year
Salary will be commensurate with level of experience and ability.
++Monthly bonus program is paid when company-wide monthly sales goal is reached.
APPLY ONLINE HERE: Employment Opportunities | Manufacturing Company | API & AMS (apiams.com)
or, apply in person at:
American Precision Industries
2480 NE Century Blvd.
Hillsboro, OR 97124
This is a full-time position. We offer a full benefit package including 100% employer paid medical, dental and life insurance. Dependent coverage, short and long-term disability, AFLAC, and vision is voluntary is at employee cost. 401k, paid holidays and paid vacation round out our benefit package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.