Milling Machinist, Semi-Manual — day shift
Are you an experienced machinist who can operate both manual and semi-manual mills? American Precision Industries needs you to machine prototype and short production runs. Come join our team and participate in the opportunities available to build your experience on multiple machines!
* High School Diploma / GED
* Minimum 4 years experience as a manual semi-manual machinist
* Skills to plan and process complicated parts according to blueprint
* Understand tolerance and blue print reading
* Understand how to use and read precision measuring tools
* Ability to work independently with little supervision
* Excellent communication skills and willingness to work with others
* Must have excellence work ethic and attendance
* Attention to detail
* Lift up to 50 pounds
* Machine prototype and short production runs using manual and semi-manual milling machines.
* Program and run DPM Prototrak Bed Mills
* Design and build tooling as need for machining parts, fixtures and custom jaws
* Work with Quality Control to ensure parts are made according to specifications
* Communicate with Engineering to clarify job specifications
* Complete repair and rework parts when necessary
* Deburr parts as needed
Day: M-Th, 10 hour shift, 6:00 am to 4:30 pm
APPY HERE: https://apiams.com/about-metal-fabraication-portland/manufacturing-employment/
or apply in person at:
American Precision Industries
2480 NE Century Blvd.
Hillsboro, OR 97124
This is a full-time position. We offer a full benefit package including 100% employer paid medical, dental and life insurance. Dependent coverage, short and long-term disability, AFLAC, and vision are voluntary at employee cost. 401k, paid holidays and paid vacation round out our benefit package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.